Sunday, March 1, 2009

House Concert

I went to my first house concert with my mom last year to see Annabelle Chvostek. It was such a cool experience to be lounging on couches and dining room chairs, listening to live music performed a few feet in front of you. Annabelle is amazingly talented and plays a handful of instruments. I bought her CDs that night* and I love them even more listening to them in the car because I saw her sing these songs. So amazing.

Last night I got to see Kirby Criddle perform at a house concert. I have seen Kirby play before, but last night was different. Its the house concert atmosphere: the familiarity, intimacy, and soul baring rawness. (I am starting to sound like Kirby ha ha.) It could also be the wine that we were drinking! The living room gave their full love and attention to Kirby; the average audience member was my mothers age! To have such natural talent in such a small space...its just so cool. I am listening to her CD as I am typing ;)

*edited to add: my mother bought me the CDs that night, in case we are keeping score.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! What a fun night :)