Thursday, March 12, 2009

Decluttering: Organizing Kids Recipes

I always pull out the neat recipes and nutrition articles from magazines. I figure one day I will need exciting bag lunch ideas (I plan ahead ;) ). Plus I like different puree ideas and freezer friendly foods.

I got this awesome binder from an office store that is filled with 40 plastic pages. So I just slip my baby, toddler, and kid recipes and nutrition info into the pages. That way, they are mess-free, organized, easy access, and all in one place.
I love this article. They tried stuffing as many different lunch ideas into a soup thermos. Brilliant.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Well you know I just organized things too, doesn't it make a huge difference! I've started collection lunch ideas for school days too, cause I know that if I don't now when I want them I won't be able to find any. I'm a planner to, used to work at a bookstore in the magazine department so when issues were taken off, we could take the ripped copies. You only send the cover back to the publisher of unsold mags. I had a wedding binder years before I got engaged. Good thing it didn't scare off Brad!

FourLeafClover said...

I do this too - obsessively collect recipes so I can try all sorts of neat things out on my kids.. which is funny because they tend to turn their noses up at my "kids will love this" healthy experiments and just plead with me to serve them oatmeal for every meal...

They love oatmeal...