It started with the others contributing and bringing their own dishes. Now its mainly me that cooks and plans, with drinks or side dishes added.
Every Sunday I cook something different, something that takes ALL day to cook. I plan ahead of time, chop everything up in the morning, and then when everyone gets here I don't need much help.
Tonights Menu:
-Root Vegetable & Parmesean Lazagna (Cooking Light, November 2008)
-Sweet & Sour Meatballs with Rice (a meat dish requested by Steven, don't get too excited, it comes from my freezer stash)
-Elaborate Veggie Tray with Dilly Dip
The lazagna is interesting because it has a white sauce. Here are the ingredients.
Butternut squash, yam, & onion ready to be roasted:
White sauce with cinnamon & bayleaf & onions simmering:
Veggies out of the oven and thickened sauce (strained): 
Assembled and ready to be baked when guests arrived:

We'll see how it turns out. Not sure how its supposed to be "light"!!
1 comment:
Mmmmmm!! Lemme know how it tastes. I prefer white sauces to tomato sauces quite often. We are having tilapia that has been pre-covered with coconut etc... at Safeway.
Post a Comment