Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sunday Ramblings

Today I learned about parenting by example.

When I got home at 2 am last night, I noticed something on the front lawn of the house across the street from us (you know, the gorgeous house with the hand-whittled banister and Evita balcony?). When I realized what it was, I ran and swiped it with glee and took it in the house. This morning, I slightly regretted what I did and phoned the Got Van residence and left a message:
"Hi, this AM from across the street. Last night I swiped your Elmo chair from your front lawn. My daughter realllly loves Elmo right now. If you want it back, or if your son was using it as a prop for the movie he was filming for school, just call me back at -----. Sorry, I didn't know what I was thinking, it looked like it was free for the taking."
I have not heard back from them. I believe they are at church. I hope the sermon was about forgiveness!

M got this awesome pair of fleece pants from a WAHM (work at home mom). They have a hidden inner fleece lining that serves as a diaper cover! Its 2 thick layers of fleece and she can wear her fitted diapers underneath. They are sooo soft and warm for our Saturdays at home together. Nana gets off the plane in 1 hour!

1 comment:

Seener Beaner said...

Oh wow... you lifted an Elmo chair!! haha. What did the neighbours say so far?? Did they call back?