Friday, April 10, 2009

Greek Chicken Wraps

Toppings:
tzatziki (homemade or storebought)
chopped tomatoes (we used grape)
quartered cucumber
chopped red onion
crumbled feta
Other:
rotisserie chicken or chicken tenders
or chicken breasts (2 for 2 adults and 1 tot)
greek seasoning
wraps/tortillas
-I marinated 2.5 chicken breasts in greek seasoning and lemon juice. I sliced the breasts into strips and grilled them on the Cuisineart grill (you can BBQ now too!).
-they do not take long to cook because they are skinny strips, so watch them
-laid into wraps, topped with toppings, rolled up.
-I served spaghetti to the toddler, but she ate the majority of my wrap:
until she got to some red onion...
And I just have to share...I love everyone's beautiful cooking photos. Or beautiful "this is the nature based activity I did with my children today and look how minimalist and bright our playroom is". This is what my kitchen counter actually looks like while cooking:
Training pants. Yup, training pants.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Now this is something right up our alley, we love Greek food. Gyros are awesome and really big in the Detroit area at Coney Islands. You go to other parts of the US and they look at you like you're crazy. We used to go to this place called Kerby's Coney Island and get mini chicken gyros with a Greek salad. I used to pick it as my report card dinner - my reward for doing well in school each quarter. I ♥ feta cheese.

Kathy Blais said...

Mmmm, these sound yummy! I love tzaziki, and feta, and greek seasoning, and lemon... and well, you get the idea!

Love the training pants on the counter. That's awesome.