Missy is a huuuge fan of treats and sweets. I wanted to make her popcicles so we weren't buying anything packaged with added nasty food coloring.
This first recipe is a hybrid of recipes I found in "The Good Food Book for Families" by Brenda Bradshaw & Cheryl Mutch. They also wrote "The Baby's Table" which is my FAVorite baby food cookbook...and its Canadian.
-fresh or frozen strawberries (I used about 10 organic strawberries)
-1/2 cup Balkan style plain yogurt
-1/2 cup milk (I used almond)
-2 tbsp liquid honey
Puree the strawberries. Add yogurt and milk, blend well. Add honey just to sweeten, blend well. Pour into popcicle moulnds and freeze.
Missy ate these, so I am assuming they tasted yummy!
I got these popcicles moulds at Superstore, but I want some different ones. The stick, stem, or "holder part" is too short and stubby for Missy. If anyone knows where I can get better preschooler-friendly ones, let me know!
I will be testing out a few popcicle recipes this summer so keep reading!
2 comments:
and whose treat is the Dr. Pepper?
Baba K
Wow! Eagle eyes Baba!! I didn't even see the Dr. Pepper in the picture. No wonder you never got away with anything when you were a kid, Missy's Mom!
Post a Comment