Thursday, June 4, 2009

Picnic

We had our first ever family picnic last weekend.
Missy, unfortunately, did not 'get' the concept. After I spent an hour preparing and packing foods, she just ran around and wanted to swing on the swings. I packed the most beautiful ciabatta loaf, prosciutto, fresh basil leaves, tomatoes, and fresh mozzarella slices. I drizzled the bread with olive oil before serving (who brings EVOO to a picnic?!). They were delicious. NPE and I had to eat separately though, because one person had to "push back" on the swing while the other ate. And look who made an appearance....

And look who didn't want to go home...

4 comments:

Diane Shiffer said...

*LOVE* the wailing child shot.. hehehe. it really brought back the memories. you know one of my favorite snippets of video from my kids' early childhood is one where amelia is brinking on a tantrum. we have oodles of sweet perfectly groomed children reciting for gramma videos, but that one really helps me to remember the sweetness of those early years. you're wise to save pictures of all the moments☺

Diane Shiffer said...

*LOVE* the wailing child shot.. hehehe. it really brought back the memories. you know one of my favorite snippets of video from my kids' early childhood is one where amelia is brinking on a tantrum. we have oodles of sweet perfectly groomed children reciting for gramma videos, but that one really helps me to remember the sweetness of those early years. you're wise to save pictures of all the moments☺

Montessori Moments said...

I found your blog through the comment you posted on Chasing Cherrios. I was so happy to see someone else from Canada LOL. I am in Manitoba.
You can check out my blog if you want at http://mymontessorihomeblog.blogspot.com/

Seener Beaner said...

Yummy food!! Erik is starting to get upset when we leave the park now too.