Monday, June 22, 2009

Lily's Bug-tacular 2nd Birthday

Janna and family hosted a brood for Lily's 2nd birthday. Janna handmade the bumble bee and ladybug antennae, and I realized post-party that she had painted rocks from her backyard with red paint to look like ladybugs. She said she could't find ladybug mini toys anywhere in the city! Lots of caterpillars and spiders, no ladybugs. Of course, Janna made the cake from scratch too!

7 comments:

Diane Shiffer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Diane Shiffer said...

wow, that is bugtacular! lovvve the cake♥

btw, come visit my blog... i am hostessing a give away for a cute apron and i think it'd be kinda neat if you won;)

Family Compass said...

I wonder if there is a polite way to ask parents ahead of time if they plan on having such an amazing cake, because if so, I may decide not to let Norah attend for fear that every single birthday cake I ever make her will be a total let down. That's not normal, is it? :)

Very cute pics.

Anonymous said...

OMG, that is awesome, congrats Janna. And, Missy looks like such a big girl with her hair pinned back. CUTE!!! Baba K

Janna said...

Thanks guys, I had a blast creating Lily's cake and 'bug-tacular' party! Better start deciding what theme to go with for next year!!

Janna

k-e-household said...

I like the dads trying to figure out what to watch on TV. Golf it is!

Seener Beaner said...

OH - MY - GOD !!!! Janna should be on Ace of Cakes or Cake Boss on TLC... she is THAT good! Wow!! I am blown away.

Lovely photos of Lily's birthday. Happy Birthday Lily!