I wasn't so sure if Montessori education was for Ike. I know that Missy loves it and because of her *ahem* strong personality, the program allows her to be creative. But for Ike, well he is just so different from his big sister. He goes along with most activities, and isn't as stubborn as her.
I started doing Montessori type activities with Missy long before she started school. I thought the mommy bloggers who do Montessori at home have the most beautiful websites. The photography, the toys, the games, everything is so pretty!! So we were doing "it" naturally before we intended to go the Montessori route.
Every day I pick up Missy from school with Ike in tow. We lumber down the long hallway in the school past the daycare and then public kindergarten room. In the classroom, he love love loves the cylinders (below). These help develop a kid's visual discrimination of size, helps get them ready for writing (the tiny knobs) and gets them ready for math. Ike stands at the cylinder area and gets right to work. Then he goes for the globe and atlas puzzles and starts to annoy the other kids!
 .
|
1 comment:
he looks good in beads
Post a Comment