Monday, October 4, 2010

Petite Pochettes; I am just not a good baker

I am loving the Food Network magazine.
I saw this recipe for "pochettes" which I am guessing is French for pockets. I told Missy they were cookie-perogies. It only had a few ingredients and looked interesting. My cookies look nothing like the magazine!
I think my dough was too thick. But they were very tasty. I would like to try something like spinach and parm and sausage inside. The pastry was REEdiculous. My helper cleaning out the jam jar.
My other helper, just bouncing around.

By the time I went to take a picture of the finished product, this is how many were left! So I would definitely make them again, as they were super easy, just with a few tweaks. I mean, just doing it properly :) I am not the most successful baker. I need to roll the dough thinner and put less jam so they don't ooze out.

1 comment:

Seener Beaner said...

Wow... look at the Ike!! He honestly looks like he is twice his age in that photo. Amazing.

I suck at baking. I bet Missy will be good at it. :P