Sunday, April 11, 2010

Busy Weekend plus Bonus Recipe ;)

Well, our social lives are back on track. We are cooking real meals again. We are going out, getting a sitter for Missy, and we are finally in a groove. We have learned to go to bed REALLY early, right after the kids go down at night. No more late nights. We neeeed our sleep.
We had friends over on Saturday night for our Sunday Night Supper Club. It was deeelicious.

Anna's Lemon Dilly Orzo Salad

Dressing:
juice of one lemon
ample Extra virgin olive oil
chopped dill
good quality salt and pepper

Salad:
cooked orzo, rinsed with cold water
quartered cucumber
halved cherry or grape tomatoes
feta cheese

Celeste was here for a yoga training workshop, and Baba was here b/c she flew back from Montreal. It was a busy place!

We also got to meet Aunty Brett's newest bundle of joy, Brad. Yes, Brad the Greyhound. He ran around in the backyard and messed around with Missy. She loved him! I didn't think to take pictures, I was just busy dancing and drinking wine :)

I bought Ike a fancy used Excersaucer, and the seller gave me a fancy playmat. The playmat has a freakin mobile on it! Its so awesome compared to the one Missy played under! He likes it so far. He is now watching his mobile in his room for longer periods of time too now, whereas before he didn't even know it was there. We put the swing away because he never used it. I tried to make him nap in it, but at 2 months of age, if he is not loving it, and we don't NEED it, whats the point of forcing it on him now? I will be selling :)





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great pictures, we need more, more often!
nana & popi

Anonymous said...

Thanks for having me stay. I love your family!

cbf