Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Autumn Wallhanging


Baba has started quilting, so I was dragged* to a quilting store in early September and found this beautiful and perfect pumpkin panel. I thought I could just buy it, sew a loop on the top, and hang it up. Baba took it home, put a back panel on it in coordinating colors, put a border on it, invented a tab pattern for the top, then gave it to another person to "quilt". Its perfect for our front entry because we have NO. OTHER. ART! hung up yet. She claims we are not getting one for Christmas hahahahha. Next Christmas! I am hoping to get something cool for that spot for over the winter months....

*while in the store I could totally see myself getting hooked on something like quilting...the fabrics were soooooooooooo beautiful!! I had to get out of there before I started a new hobby!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Really like the colors and it's always nice to have something pretty to look up that also takes up a big spot on the wall.

You're right fabric collecting can get addictive! Don't you sew? I thought I remembered you making diapers before, surprised you don't quilt already. It seems like something you'd like.

Seener Beaner said...

That is VERY nice!!!