I found a neat-o way to use crepes in a meal while perusing my Everyday Food mag. This was extremely tasty.
Crepes with Vegetables and Goat Cheese
I had hoped to post a link to the Martha site, but they don't have this simple recipe up! But it is so easy I can spill the beans.
I cooked my crepes (but doubled the recipe--which by the way had me standing at the stove for 90 minutes!).
Aunty Brett brought over Roasted Veggies (she roasted sage, zucchini, parsnips, garlic, and beet leaves).
Preheat oven to 350. Fill crepes with roasted veggies like you would a burrito. Top with course S&P. Top with crumbled goat cheese. Roll up. Bake for 5 minutes.
This was sooooooooooooooo good!!! We didn't top it with anything, but I saw another version of this recipe used a balsamic reduction. The veggies with goat cheese had enough flavour.
Make again--oh yes. If the stars align. Crepes are a LOT of work due to time at stove. It was great because I did the crepes and Aunty B did the veggies. Terrific teamwork-y.
However, in the kid friendly sense, the kids had the crepes with apples for supper, and we will be eating them for lunch the next day rolled up with PB&J (another Martha suggestion).
So it was allll worth it.
3 comments:
Uncle Jaymeees thought it said Creeps for Supper. That too right? Yummy!
That does sound yummy. You always have such yummy things to eat. I have zero imagination.
I've never made crepes, they sound too complicated! But I enjoy eating them out I will have to check and see if I can eat goat cheese right now. I just read I'm not supposed to eat soft cheeses like feta for the next eight or so months.
Post a Comment