Sunday, October 18, 2009

I want to play a game!!

Well it sounds more like "I wanna pway a game mommmmmeeeeeee!!!" in our house.
I think they must be playing games at daycare because Missy has been asking more about playing games at home. One night while cooking supper, I created and concocted this "game" that only my 2.5 year old would love:It only has 6 squares, but she likes counting up to 8 or so and moving the pieces around. We have tried rolling the dice, but really its just about taking turns and moving one square at a time in one direction. Uncle Steven even got in to the action.We got a real game from Aunty Susan E that has a little doohicky that you pop and it lands on a colored balloon, if you have that colored balloon card in your hand, you can lay it down. Colored balloons, thats it. It says 3 and up, but its a perfect "starter" game. We played for about 8 minutes all together. Then I hid it and will pull it out again on a stormy winter day :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a great family activity, and only one electronic device close by ....BabaK

Seener Beaner said...

Cool game!! I am trying to show Erik your blog so he gets all excited about your house like M does.

Katie said...

My kiddo is so into games now too! Don't go down the Candyland road my friend or you will be playing it all day every day.